Location: Bosnia & Herzegovina
HELLO fellow DevOps Engineers,
Do you value above everything a transparent working environment, focused on your personal growth, where you can always become a better version of yourself?
Do you believe that focus on People and Trust are the key elements to a successful organization?
If you answered these questions with a “Yes”, it's your lucky day! Scroll down to learn more about an open opportunity in Mistral, a company where we actually live these values.
We are looking to expand our team of highly skilled professionals in our offices in Sarajevo or Mostar with the new exciting role of
DevOps Engineer (Google Cloud Platform)
Why is this role important in Mistral?
DevOps Engineers have a special, highly important, role in Software Development Life Cycle with clients of Mistral. Your role is essential as you will work with various departments to create and develop systems for our clients.
We are really excited to welcome new colleagues to the team and maybe that’s you. If you are able to work independently, continuously sharing and acquiring knowledge, being ready to push your limits you are welcome to apply.
As a DevOps Engineer in Mistral you will:
- Configure cloud infrastructure, deploy product updates, identify production issues and implement integrations that meet customer needs
- Work closely with both development teams and IT team members to come up with solutions aligned with Mistral’s IT and architectural standards
- Work as a part of agile teams towards design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities while performing quality reviews, managing operations, triaging and fixing operational issues
- Promote DevOps culture within the company by increasing transparency, communication and collaboration with other teams, thus sharing the responsibility for software build
- Adjust to continuous change, including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies to ensure software delivery
You are someone who has:
- At least 3 years of experience in a DevOps position
- Provided professional level output with no direct supervision
- Has strong knowledge and experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Advanced knowledge of GNU/Linux and Windows OS internals
- Advanced knowledge of the DevOps culture, and CI/CD concepts
- Advanced knowledge of at least one technology stack
- Solid knowledge of Container orchestration (preferable Kubernetes)
- Solid knowledge of OS and network
- Solid knowledge of web servers such as Apache Web Server, Nginx, IIS
- Solid knowledge of Git
- Solid knowledge of IaaS and PaaS concepts
- Basic knowledge of security, cryptography and encryption
- Basic knowledge of the IaC concept and AWS Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Basic knowledge of source code development tools and IDEs
- Worked closely and interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, and staff members
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MISTRAL
Headquarters: Sarajevo (dev center)
Other offices: Mostar (dev center), Atlanta, Amsterdam, New York (business development centers)
We’re doing what we’re best at since 2010; developing customized end to end software solutions; including design implementation and support. Each member of our carefully selected team is very proactive and passionate about their work, a quality that is mandatory to join our team.
Our substantial experience comes from working in the telecommunications, banking, healthcare, insurance, media and entertainment, retail, distribution, trade, education and automotive industry for over eight years. You can find more details about some of our projects in the BLOG section.
No micromanagement. Our teams have the creative freedom to approach problems in their own, unique way. Because of that, our people feel much appreciated for their ideas and are highly engaged with what they do.
Round-the-clock professional development plays a significant role in our everyday lives because being up to speed with the latest tech trends is essential at Mistral. Our whole organizational model is entirely shaped to enable growth, both professional and personal and to provide the optimal work-life balance with no overtime.
In short, Mistral:
In order for everyone to be aligned with Mistral philosophy as a workplace, Mistral expects you to be:
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES LOVE ABOUT MISTRAL
- An environment where you’re highly valued and appreciated
- We’re BIG on trust, autonomy and accountability
- Our global projects are very challenging, making our everyday super-dynamic
- We put a lot of focus on work/life balance; no overtime, no working weekends, flexible working hours (8:30 being the earliest start time) and 1-hour break
- We have an in-house 1on1 English coach and a therapist
- Gym benefits: Mistral cares about the physical and mental health of each team member. To assist you in achieving your fitness goals, Mistral refunds 50% of your monthly gym membership fee
- Transportation benefits: 50% refund of your monthly parking/ticket costs
- Watch & Learn sessions: Learn new things from your Mistral mates while having a snack together
- Tinker Box: This is a technical vacation, time for you to be away from the project and develop your ideas that are relevant for the company and grow professionally in any way you wish
- Specific technology practice groups; spend time and share experiences with like-minded professionals from other in-house projects
- Support for attendance on any relevant conference or training
- Full access to online learning platforms (we like Udemy the most)
- More benefits: Competitive salary, an annual health check on our account
… and much more